Saturday 2 May 2009

Sewing and Sowing!

The task for the morning was to sew the duvet cover and make two pillowcases out of the remaining material. I inherited my sewing machine when my Nana died in the late 70's and as it hasn't been serviced for years, it is a little temperamental, so I have to treat it with much respect...chuntering along rather than breaking the speed record for sewing in a straight line! The results were very pleasing and it also means that we have a fairly "girlie" duvet cover to offer rather than Sonic the Hedgehog!




My other little project has been to grow basil. Why I used the entire packet, I'll never know, I shall be giving plants away with my eggs at this rate! Perhaps I should attach a recipe card :) I am very protective of these seedlings as I am a beginner really, having left planting seeds to Dick. I am the weeder and harvester normally!




These are some of the seedlings which are up in the Craft Room (South facing) and as I now spend more time up there I will be able to keep an eye on them.



This one of the reasons I could never have nail extensions, I just have to get my hands in the soil!!!!




Following on from yesterday's "jeans decision day", I took a long hard look in my wardrobe and mending box. This has resulted in various items taking up residence in the "repurposing" box to be made into bags, wreaths who knows! My clothes mending box is now empty as a result. A strange thought came into my mind as I was sorting through these clothes....a new day...a new set of clothes...but then nothing surprises me about these sorts of thoughts anymore.

1 comment:

Mavis said...

Just caught up with your blog after a while. Well done to Dick and Ramzi for a great job done. In our new home, I plan to have a herb garden as I use loads. I would love some basil so I might pop by yours some time! (big hint!) Anyway I find all the things you are doing very interesting. We need to catch up some time with a coffee - if either of us has any time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails