Thursday 13 January 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook



 http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/2011/01/january-2011-daybook-edition.html

Outside my window…it is dusk and drizzly and the chickens are shut up for the night.

I am thinking...how I can release time to blog more often and do all the other stuff I want to get done in 2011

I am thankful for...great mates!

I am learning that…if my BSL(British Sign Language) is to improve I need to watch See Hear and revise my vocab, one thing I have structured into my week now.

From the kitchen...will come savoury mince in condensed Oxtail soup tonight....

I am wearing...a new, smarter and much more professional-looking shirt for work, even if the neckline is a little suspect for me!!!

I am creating...felt coasters and knitting someone a present.

I am going... to see "The King's Speech" at some point in the near future, not sure exactly when....

I am reading…the biography of Sadhu Sundar Singh and being challenged (yet again!)

I am praying…for a lady imprisoned for her faith

Noticing that…pomegranates are actually not a waste of space, full of pips with no flavour.

I am hearing...dh playing his Airport Game on the computer, but at least he has turned the sound down.

Around the house...there are catkins, but need to buy yellow tulips and daffs and some fragrant hyacinths for a convincing spring feel....maybe Saturday!

One of my favourite things...watching the sky change through all the different blues as the evening progresses to night.

Pondering these words…"What we love we grow to resemble" Saint Bernard (never heard of him, will Google...okay, he was French 11th century)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish another coaster, soak some pulses and try some new recipes. Sort out some filing which is lying in piles...organised chaos.  Watch an episode of Band of Brothers and see what else happens spontaneously!

A picture to share:

The view from my back garden one morning in the mist, vaguely see Glastonbury Tor in the far distance, slightly to the right.


1 comment:

Jane said...

Mmmm! the savoury mince in oxtail soup sounds yummy, must give that one a try. I'm all for simple recipes.

I actually have ASL level 4, obtained this whilst living in Canada. Unfortunately it's not much use here, quite different than ESL. Good luck in your studies.

Now you've got me wondering who the heck is Sadhu Sundar Singh, it's what I love about your blog, being continually inspired!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails