Friday 11 November 2011

The Facecloth!!

         The Facecloth!!

This has to be  read, laughed at and passed on. There is not a woman alive
today who won't  be mortified when she reads this amusing account!

I was due  for a smear with the doctor later in the week. Early  one
morning, I received  a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I  had
been rescheduled for that morning at  9:30 am . I had only just  packed
everyone off to work and school, and it was  already around 8:45 am .  The
trip to his office took about 35  minutes, so I didn't have any time  to
spare.

As most  women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene  when
making such visits,  but this time I wasn't going to be able to make  the
full effort. So, I rushed upstairs,  threw off my pyjamas, wet the  facecloth
that was sitting  next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in  that
area to make sure I was at least  presentable. I threw the facecloth in  the
clothes basket, donned some clothes,  hopped in the car and raced to  my
appointment.

I was in  the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called  in.
Knowing the  procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table,  looked
over at the other side of the room  and pretended that I was in Paris  or
some other place a million miles  away. I was a little surprised when  the
doctor said, 'My, we have made an  extra effort this morning, haven't  we?'

I didn't  respond.

After the  appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The  rest
of the day was  normal - some shopping, cleaning, &  cooking.

After  school when my 7 year old daughter was playing, she called out  from
the bathroom,  'Mummy, where's my  facecloth?'

I told her  to get another one from the  cupboard...

She  replied, 'No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all  my
glitter saved inside  it.'

NEVER going  back to that doctor  ever!!









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails