Tuesday 9 November 2010

Delphi in pictures.

The oracle spoke from beneath the temple of Apollo pictured below.



Half of it's original height, the ampitheatre just needed  2 actors to try out the acoustics with  1 musician and guitar accompaniment!














The stadium at the top, need to look up the length...apparently a Stade is a measurement.  The mountains would have provided a great backdrop and I can only imagine the cheers reverberationg around the site as the sounds echoed around.




2 comments:

Diane said...

Love Greece. Love Dephi. so its been great looking at your pictures. The longing comes to go back again. Oh....

Jane said...

When I first read the title of this post, I automatically read it as Delhi (knowing how much you love India) and the more I looked at the pictures I'm thinking Wow! I never knew India was so beautiful...hmmmm, eventually I twigged.

A lovely picture of you and your hubby.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails