Tuesday 7 December 2010

Slipper de doo da!

 Having a frustrating evening which has resulted in me fusing the lights x2 by switching the iron on.....The iron has come out on strike due to the demanding week I have put it through following the recent big family celebration.  Having ironed my way through over 60 large linen napkins and about 15 linen tablecloths, some sheet-sized, the iron has downed tools as it were and said "Enough already!" So when do you think the 3 years extended guarantee ran out?  That's right 17th October....always the way isn't it!  So that put paid to my felt "paper" chain creations which were the next experiment on the Homemade Christmas agenda....and meanwhile I have no iron, although the dh is looking at reviews online as I type. As our irons don't usually last 3 years in this hard water area, it probably doesn't owe us anything...so tomorrow I will probably be testing the weight  and the handle etc and hopefully purchase a new one soonish.....then I will do a decoration blog.

For now though, here are my new slippers, SO easy to knit!  See link below for the instructions.  Also my first attempt at decorative needle felting around the edges to hide a seam and give it some colour.  I knitted it on 26 stitches with size 8 needles, but will make another pair on size 9s that I bought in a charity shop, adding a contrasting colour to make a more flecked design, next time. I also adapted the top by sewing a longer seam, as I wanted slippers that covered more of my foot.


http://blog.innerchildcrochet.com/?p=358


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails