Wednesday 7 October 2009

I'm not Susanna Wesley, but I have an apron!

"Oh NOW what!", I hear you groan! Yep, not content with the knitted dishcloths, out comes the sewing machine, the challenge has been thrown out to make an apron! See link below!

http://downtoearth.yuku.com/topic/931

Well,as I had bought some fabric in "Help the Aged" for £1 (don't knock it, I always find stuff in there!) which would be perfect, I decided to rise to the challenge! I copied the pattern off "Manly Apron" navy with stripes, mine would be pink....I don't think anyone else in my family will be remotely interested in donning in (especially now Nick has outgrown his pink phase...)




I have seen a pattern for a frivolous layered one which I'm tempted to make for those "quiet evenings in alone!"Hahahahaha totally impractical but perhaps it's not about the food....I digress!!! Perhaps I need a gay ribbon in my hair and his slippers ready by the fire....I think not!




I've only needed to use half the fabric, not bad for 50p!




The cotton was bought for my bridesmaid's dresses, the ribbon, I have no idea but I found it in my ribbon tin.....yes... and I have a button tin and empty tins ready to put things into because a girl can never have enough tins....as long as they are pretty...don't want the rusty ones....(for goodness sake...)





Divided pocket in the making....what pressus thing will I put in my pocketsies? Probably an egg which will get smashed on cuddle contact....



Posed for, "Take 3!", yeah that will do!



My kitchen sink for what it's worth!




Time for a coffee! It's over !




Incidentally, the comment made by certain sons of mine after I've had a glass of wine....This was taken one Christmas....a present with a personal touch courtesy of Andy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails