Saturday 3 April 2010

Eggs!

Had a surprise package from my Mum in Greece, this week! Last year when we visited her we couldn't find any left in the shops. Thankfully, it's not all written in Greek, so here is the process, in pictures! I had never seen "sleeves" before and was quite dubious until I tried them...Now I shall be requesting them every Easter!


The eggs below have been hardboiled and drained on the kitchen paper.


Add the sleeves



Place back in COLD water and bring to the boil slowly

The sleeves gradually pucker up and adhere to the egg


The finished result!



First boil the eggs for 8 minutes


Cover eggs with hot or cold water and add 250ml vinegar

Remove after 6 minutes







Thanks Mum, I had a lot of fun!!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Aaawwww, how thoughtful of your Mum... lovely ideas, I've never heard of "sleeves" either.
I like the nest too, did you make that?
Happy Easter!!

Julie'smusings said...

No, bought in a garden centre!!! Are you in the UK Jane?

Jane said...

Yes, I live in Worcestershire. I'm sorry I don't have a blog, then you would know a little bit more about me. I've thought about starting one, but I think it would stress me out too much, trying to think what to write!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails