Wednesday 27 January 2010

"Going with the flow, and trying to keep up!"

Well it has been a funny old week so far, everything has exceeded expectations and I am beginning to realise that "going with the flow" can actually mean moving at quite a pace! I am learning to step out of my comfort zones, knowing that He is in this day with me.

Yesterday,three of us from the team going to Delhi, met up in our local toyshop to spend some vouchers they had donated for us to buy toys for the children in the slum we will be visiting next month. The manager and her staff were really helpful and allowed us to be photographed with them in the shop with our purchases. I then went home and D and I prepared a press release about our trip, what the team would be doing, what part the shop had played, that sort of thing. The photo was duly attached and everything emailed over to the press office.

This afternoon I have a message that a journalist has phoned and wants to interview me to hear more about our trip and the local volunteers who will be part of the team. Now I am apprehensive, hoping I do Asha justice by saying things clearly...

The school presentation went well today. D&I spoke to 2 classes comprising of 52 9 year olds, who were delightful and had LOADS of questions! I have a sneaky feeling we may be doing more of these in the future. If anyone finds a baby doll which looks Indian could they let me know, I think I need a prop box now for these sorts of talks....may have to review the pillow case pregnancy kit too....


The backpack picture is something I have been asked to share at church on Sunday. Again I need to think about how I do this simply as it is supposed to be, especially as all the children will be listening too. My church family, how I have grown to love them!

Thankfully, the fact that my home looks a little scruffy this week, hasn't perturbed me too much. Samar has cooked most nights which has released me to work late (looking at fragility fractures in the elderly). We will all miss her when she goes, not only for her culinary skills! We could have taken out shares in garlic and lemons, the girl can do dressings with panache...oh and freshly ground black pepper!

The chickens have started laying again, the apricot tree and gooseberry bushes are in, the marmalade was an unqualified success, my first attempt, and all is well with the world....

I just need to keep up!

1 comment:

Mavis said...

All great news and thanks for sharing. Yes when God moves, He doesn't hang about. I guess if He told us everything He had planned beforehand, we would protest 'I can't do all that' but instead He just wants us to tag along with Him. Enjoy the ride!

I'm sure Sunday will be fine. He's already preparing those He wants to touch. Am with you in thought and prayer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails