Wednesday 6 January 2010

It's snowing!!!!!!

So after all my "Yeovil NEVER gets snow" comments, we woke up to about 5", I guess, this morning! I crunched my way down the garden at 06.30, it was breathtakingly beautiful and SO quiet...

Fox prints revealed the extent of the wanderings around my chicken enclosures last night. He/she seems to have a regular circuit criss-crossing the garden at the same hedges...however, the girls were safely tucked up and so far my "off the scale" risk assessments/Fort Knox reinforcements have meant we haven't had a repeat of the incident where Xena Fox Fighter Warrior Princess gained her name, unfortunately at the loss of her sister in 2006. (There is a previous note about it in the archives here)



As you can see they were NOT impressed when I said "Good Morning" to them, preferring to turn their backs to all the scenery for the viewing. In fact it's 11.45 and they are STILL refusing to come down!



This picture is for Ramzi, to show him Hattie in the snow!







We have put the Chrstmas tree out at Samar's request, unfortunately the tree has blown over, but I will add a better one at the end!



This is my ladybird house which never made it into a hedge. It looks like a minature world, I took a photo, just because!



The decorations are down and somehow it seems more fitting to remove them when it is snowing outside and still feels festive, make a tedious job more fun.....I keep treading on sharp pine needles, serves me right for walking around in socks!

As I write, there is a smell of burning....Samar, who usually breaks something whilst she is here (we tease her mercilessly!!!) has managed to get though her stay by merely chucking arabic coffee across my beige carpet....(Vax out later)We thought we were safe..but no.....



We take her to the station in 2 hours! She's gonna kill me! All I an say is LOOK OUT USA!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails