Saturday 25 June 2011

KIdnapped! Sunday morning- Long Mynd

The morning begins with secret Road Map peerings away from prying eyes... and zoom lenses...



and much speculation whilst P and S play  "the procrastination game" which involves much windscreen spraying and wiping, oil checking and secret smiles....



giving nothing away...



Oh here he is again...has to be fiddling with something


S gives the "okay, everyone come over here" gesture....what's coming....



It turns out...a 5 mile walk...I've learned NEVER to ask now, just do it and don't look like a wuss...




OOh look, who's under the bridge acting out  3 Billy Goat's Gruff...trip trap trip trap...K plays her part as lead goat....


S climbs up a rock face which totally freaks L out and I can hear her telling R catagorically that if she is expected to "climb up there, I am turning 'round and going back".  Thankfully S has chosen the path of most resistance... for to our right there are alternative steps to negotiate...so up we climb and I have the final scene of the Sound of Music in my mind.




R and D consult...I stay out of it, probably wise...


of for goodness sake, he even brought a flippin' compass.....



Onward and upward.....there is a point at which a girls asks directions from someone on his way back...so why did the girl have to ask? No comment.... Of course the guys knew the right way....they had a compass and a map after all....



No words needed...I think R was chasing sheep and looking for hidden post boxes at this point....I didn't discover the "almost  an entire fleece" he had shoved up my coat sleeve until the following day....


A brilliant weekend with great friends who I have the privilege to have in my life....So  when's the next one,then?!!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails