Friday 7 May 2010

Day 1 Away with the ferries!

Well the intrepid party left Yeovil at 04.08 and having let the chickens out, had a small breakfast, making sure my fluid intake was minimal after previous experiences where S likes to get in the car and GO for hours on end, leaving me wanting to "GO" for hours on end! We made our first stop at Gretna Green....(I rest my case...)

It was obvious that time was an important factor as we had a 10 minute stop which included a loo break, petrol refill and a coffee grabbed to take away! S kept his tension well hidden, we were oblivious to the fact that a ferry was booked. However having taken the Stranraer directions, it soon became clear we were heading for a ferry. We reached the check in at 11.30 exactly which was the boarding time on the ticket....S was relief personified!

I am now sitting on a huge Stena Lines ferry, complete with hen party on board, some dressed as leprachauns and, having missed the Captains announcement whilst queuing for lunch, am making a guess at Ireland being the destination today! The crossing is 2 hours long and there is free WiFi!! I can see "the Emerald Isle" in the distance and have taken my "Joy Rides"!

S says he forgot to remind us to pack a plug adapter.....does Ireland have a different voltage?

P has gone to look at the shop as S has made the error (in his tired state) of given her the information that there are reduced handbags for sale.n....I can only think of whether they have plug adapters!

The journey so far, between sleeps, has consisted of newborn lambs and beautiful countryside as we have ventured further North. I get the impression "I aint seen nothing yet!" As I write, the sun is glistening off the water and the sea is various colours of blue and green stretching out into the distance. A TV opposite is debating the results of last night....that's certainly going to continue for some time yet....

I am determined to embrace every moment of our time away, whatever each day holds. I know I will be able to stop and look, listen and learn.

Load a photo is taking ages, so I am abandoning the idea, perhaps another time!

We've only just begun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails